Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

I replaced my battery and now I have no power whatsoever,I

I replaced my battery and now I have no power whatsoever,I can't even jump start it,no power,nothing,why is that,didn't have a problem before!
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

..

What was the initial reason the battery?

Any interior lights come on?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The car has been worn while and last time I tried to start it,before Xmas,dashboard lights came on but there didn't seem to be enough power to turn the engine,have been away til yesterday,thought the battery was dead but tho the new one is fully charged,there is no power whatsoever,plus no power when I try to jump it??

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The car has been sorn while and last time I tried to start it,before Xmas,dashboard lights came on but there didn't seem to be enough power to turn the engine,have been away til yesterday,thought the battery was dead but tho the new one is fully charged,there is no power whatsoever,plus no power when I try to jump it??

Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

..

Firstly ensure the terminals are secure and clean..any corrosion on the terminals can make a poor connection so double check that..also make sure they the correct way round.. - the next check id say from here..would be to check the fuses/maxi fuses,i dont have diagram here..but on a ..sometimes if a battery is reconnected can blow a fuse..not often but it can happen..id say from what you describe having no power to anything would suggest the main fuse may have gone or the terminals arent tight enough.or earth strap has broken..try the black jump lead onto the chassis or engine block and the other end to the negative terminal on the battery and see if you get power...but as above you'll take a bit time checkk all your fuse the larger amp fuses too within the fuse/relay boxes..I do hope this helps