Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

how can i turn of the engine management system completely on

Customer Question

how can i turn of the engine management system completely on a daihatsu charade sl 2003
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Greg :

Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Greg :

If the check engine light is on this is letting you know you have a fuel injection system malfunction

Greg :

light to be switched off you have to connect up with a scan tool and check codes ,from the codes you will know what has malfunctioned ,this has to be rectified ,when repaired then the management system can be cleared of codes and then the light will go out .if the repair is successful the check engine management light will stay out if the repair was not corrected the light will come back on .

Greg :

So just connecting a tool to switch off the light will not work, as it will trip back on after the management system has sen the failure.

Greg :

Please get back to me if you need further assistance with this issue But please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

Kind regards Greg

JACUSTOMER-87ozlq12- :

i have had it checked and turned off in the proper way but it keeps coming back on it is the emission control that is putting it on but the emisions are well within the limits I need to discinect the system

JACUSTOMER-87ozlq12- :

do I get another reply or do you only get one answer for £20 ?

Greg :

No i will keep working with you until we have this issue sorted out ... sorry did not get back sooner had a few things i had to take care of .

Greg :

The light will not go out as said until the malfunction has been taken care of .

Greg :

Now what was the malfunction code that you had as the light will only come on if as stored malfunction has been reported .

Greg :

There is a lot of malfunctions codes that also have nothing to do with the emission directly but also indirectly that will trip on the check engine light .like a speed sensor .

Greg :

Get me the codes and let see what we can do to sort out this issue .

JACUSTOMER-87ozlq12- :

sorry i do not have that information dont worry i will take it back to the garage

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Bob .

If you like working on your own car then see if you can get yourself a EOBD II code reader
These can be bought on Ebay or amazone 50 pounds ..

Just an idea save money on diagnostics, and know what your car problem is before you send it in ..Wink

Rgds Greg