Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

I have an2008 eos which I use rarely. I would like to keep

Customer Question

I have an2008 eos which I use rarely. I would like to keep the battery topped up with a trickle charger. the batteries are in the boot. How can I do it?
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

I would fit a battery tender ,this is a charger that is fitted permantly in the boot of your car next to the battery , then when you want to store your car all you do is open the boot and connect to the mains , this is a charger that keeps the battery charged .

What is a Battery Tender?
It’s a device that plugs into a standard AC outlet and transfers power in the form of amps to your 12 V battery to keep it operational over long periods of inactivity.
Battery Tender battery chargers are essential if you have seasonal vehicles that sit without being used.
With a Battery Tender, your vehicle’s battery will still be as fresh as the day you left it. Battery Tender chargers are designed to fully charge a battery and maintain it at proper storage voltage without the damaging effects caused by trickle chargers.

Click here example .

Please get back to me if you need further assistance with this issue But please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

Kind regards Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Greg, can I fit a trickle charger to the connection in the engine compartment?

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Alexander

Yes you could fit it to the alternator main cable B+ and chassis ground .

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Greg, there is a connection starting the car. Can I use this instead of alternator connection

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Alexander

Yes this can be used ,forgot this car had the jump start connections ,in fact this would be a better connection .

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Greg.

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Alexander.

Need automotive help in the future then ask .

Kindest regards Greg