Greg Szczygiel
Greg Szczygiel, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Vehicle technician and electrician currently working in reputable independent garage in UK. Fully acredited ATA diagnostic technician.
82566532

my 00 LR DISCO 2 WILL NOT OPEN THE DOOR WITH THE REMOTE AND

Customer Question

my 00 LR DISCO 2 WILL NOT OPEN THE DOOR WITH THE REMOTE AND IF I OPEN IT MANUALLY WITH THE KEY WHEN I OPEN THE DOOR THE ALARM GOES OFF AND WHEN I CLOSE THE DOOR AND LOCK IT WITH THE KEY THE ALARM GOES SILENT AGAIN.
I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM ABOUT A MONTH AGO AND IT CAME ALRIGHT AFTER A DAY BUT IT IS AT IT AGAIN
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg Szczygiel replied 2 years ago.
and welcome to Just Answer,my name is ***** ***** I'm looking forward to find the answer to your question.
In order to disarm the alarm the car must receive signal from the remote, or ignition must be turned on.
The car's BCU module is not receiving the signal.
It can be caused by the following:
1.Key's remote is not sending the signal because it if faulty or dead battery again.
2.Remote has lost it's sync with the car due to repeated pressing of buttons out of range.
3.Receiver above the roof lining is not working due to fault, condensation or wiring fault.
4.BCU module is at fault.
To approach this type problem car must be connected to diagnostic equipment to check if BCU is receiving the signal on live data.
I recommend to book your car with nearest Land Rover dealer or specialist.
Meanwhile try to replace the battery again and see what happens.
I guess you don't have second spare remote.
Your question has one answer and it is:
If the remote is in good working order it may be long process of wiring checks to find the cause or it may be as simple as re synchronisation which takes 10 minutes.
Here are some common causes:
Battery in remote, remote itself, receiver, receiver wiring.
I hope this answers your question.