Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

My '92 Bentley Brooklands (...PCH46138) has a Bosch MK Motronic

Customer Question

My '92 Bentley Brooklands (...PCH46138) has a Bosch MK Motronic injection/ignition system I think. It starts fine from cold. However, after about 30 secs to one and a half minutes the revs drop to stall and sometimes it cuts out completely! When you turn off the ignition and start again it usually warms up nicely. But not always and it can take up to 5 goes to get her running correctly. Then she's fine for as many miles as you want to drive her that day! Warm start is perfect. Last year I took her to Nigel Sandell in Isleworth but he couldn't solve the problem, even though he changed almost every sensor, the alternator and the fuel pump! Any ideas? I've been thinking of testing her myself but I can't locate a Bosch 9893 adaptor to fit in series on the EHA. Please help! Gor***** *****
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
From what you are describing the issue that you are having is consistent with one or more fuel injectors not priming up correctly which in turn results in your issue. What i would suggest as a next step is to have the fuel injectors balance tested, this will show the bad ones.
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience: 17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not the injectors, I think They've been cleaned and balanced. I'm looking at the EHA current right now to see if that suddenly changes during warm up. So not very helpful I'm afraid. How come I was charged £27 when I only agreed £11 in the first instance? Any chance of a refund? Thanks for your interest, Gordon