Rob
Rob, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30 years trade experience
16305601

There. I have a Superb 2.0l The clutch pedal just went

There.
I have a Superb 2.0l The clutch pedal just went to the floor when I went to start the car on Saturday Car taken to local Skoda service centre who now inform me that the fluid was low and there is a leak in the slave cylinder they have quoted me £1300 .00 to repair it Question Am I being ripped off
Category: Car
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
and welcome to just answer.
Yes this is an absolute rip off.
what year is the car so I can give you an estimation of what you should be paying?
regards rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The car is 2011.

What I have been told is they need to take the gear box out to confirm the slave cylinder is leaking at a cost of £480.00 as it will take 5 hours if the slave cylinder is gone then the repair bill will be £1362.00

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Thanks info
Firstly the whole job to remove and refit the transmission is only 5 hours so I think hey are trying to charge you twice same job
I would find a decent local garage to do this job replacing the slave cylinder and clutch kit more than £600 .
If you need more help with this then please reply.
regards Rob.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Bob I need to get the car moved to an independent garage. If i fill the resevoir and bleed the clutch will this allow me to move the car the 8 miles to the independent

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
yes this should work most leaking slave cylinders I replace have a weep as opposed to a leak and should give you enough time purpose.
regards rob