Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

My ESP OFF light is coming on, should i be worried. my car

My ESP OFF light is coming on, should i be worried. my car is kia piccanto
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi...

Hopefully i can help..

ESP is your "electronic stability programme" which is essentially tied in with the ABS/PS system on the car..normally when that comes up it can be down to either fault with one of the wheel sensor/pulse ring or even down to faulty brake light switch..the best course of action really would be to get it diagnosed / the car plugged in to see what current fault codes its logged as thats about the only way with those systems to properly rectify it..so that would be the best advice from here and good garage with the correct equipment should be ablt to that for you..in the mean time it not of any great concern and should effect the performance of the car itself..it mearly there to keep the car under control if in skid/sudden cornering situations etc...i do hope this helps