Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

My 2008 Ford Fusion cut out in busy traffic. 33000miles and

My 2008 Ford Fusion cut out in busy traffic. 33000miles and regularly serviced. Ford garage says it is faulty throttle box. I have written to Ford who have refused to help. Should not all Fusions had a warning with them to alert at service?
Category: Car
Expert:  Ross replied 2 years ago.
Ross :

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I am a licensed diagnostic and repair technician, I look forward to working with you.

Ross :

What engine size is your fusion?

Customer:

1596 cc

Ross :

Great thanks. This is quite a well known problem on these engines. Ford have not issued an extended warranty on this problem however the problem is known to them, the new models of the part have been revised to help prevent the problem but my understanding is that the part although is a common fault, its not considered a manufacturing defect.

Customer:

should all purchasers not have been warned about this. US had over 12000 complaints.

Ross :

I'm not sure exactly how the legal side of it works but depending on the fault, how many items effected and the safety aspect of it they either will or will not make people aware, if they do they need to replace it free of charge so they tend to avoid it where ever possible. They are aware of the problem as there is a service bulletin issued for this but it states the fault description and the cure and does not offer an extended warranty.

Customer: as a beginner on websites, is there anymore that you can inform me about
Ross :

Not on this specific issue no. Other than other customers complaints there is limited information about the fault from ford.