Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

The control indicator engine electronics has come on

Customer Question

The control indicator for the engine electronics has come on what can I do to sort this problem
Category: Car
Expert:  Ross replied 2 years ago.
Ross :

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I am a licensed diagnostic and repair technician, I look forward to working with you.

Ross :

Unfortunately this is a difficult one to diagnose, there are hundreds of possible fault codes that can be detected to bring this light on, although having the car put on diagnostics is the first step, the garage should have given you a printout of the fault code, with the help of this code I can pinpoint a possible cause.

The garage have done a simple re-set which is the first step in diagnosing the problem as often the fault is a one off that will go away and stay away, if the light came back on after 12 miles this confirms that the fault is still active and now will need to be plugged in to be scanned again to confirm it is the same fault code and the fault can be looked into based upon the results of the scan.

Ross :

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you, Ross.

Expert:  Ross replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.