Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

I am new to this site but thought I would see what the

Customer Question

Hi I am new to this site but thought I would see what the community could offer me as a solution to my problems.
I have a skoda octavia elegance 2.0 tdi PD8V 58 plate with 98000 miles on the clock. Last week it lost power going up hill when travelling at at least 60mph and 6th gear overtaking a lorry. Even when I changed down gears it had no power. I eventually limped up in 3rd. Garage found over boost issue on diagnostics and said it should have righted itself. Unfortunately it happened again when changing lanes where the M5/M49 slip roads for the a4 at Avonmouth cross. Not nice in 5 lanes of fast traffic! Since then it behaved well all the way home to Cheltenham via Bristol City centre only to happen again on the way to Cirencester the next morning. It seems to happen when the engine is under load going uphill and is becoming more frequent. It also won't go above 2000 rpm when it has this problem. The garage cannot replicate the issue and have the same over boost code on their diagnostics.
I have read about this as a symptom of the turbo going into "limp mode" . It's going to a specialist diesel garage tomorrow for more diagnostics. However as a woman who obviously has no idea about cars what should I be telling the mechanics so that the problem is fixed? What should I suggest they look at or do?
I love my skoda as it is an unpretentious workhorse and until now very reliable.
Another annoying issue is the temperature warning light keeps coming on and beeping when I start up in the morning, especially when it is cold. Stopping the engine and re-starting often cures the problem. Radiator water level has been topped up but the issue recurs again within a few days. Any ideas as this is very annoying! Though not critical I think.
Thanks in anticipation
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Greg Szczygiel replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer,my name is ***** ***** I'm looking forward to find the answer to your question
Could you provide registration number or engine code of your Skoda ?
Do you what was is the diagnostic trouble code for over boost condition?