Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Just bought a 2011 Vivaro

Customer Question

Just bought a 2011 Vivaro sportive and it has a knocking when the clutch pedal is pressed. Very slight noise but also feel a vibration on the pedal. It has 38000 on the clock!
Bites fairly high!
Only 25mpg but have a roof rack with ladders?
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 2 years ago.
, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long response.
The issue that you are having is consistent with a failing clutch release bearing which is a common failure. The bearing is located inside of the gearbox on the shaft. The bearing is not expensive but the gearbox has to be removed to make this repair. When the bearing is failing it results in the symptoms that you are having.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Does that also explain the clutch biting high? Also is the low MPG anything to do with it or would the ladders cause that?
Yes this will cause the clutch to be affected like this and can also cause a lower mpg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just bought from a garage and mentioned this when I left, feel bloody stupid now excepting the answer of a little rust on the clutch components as been sitting around few weeks!!! Was not expecting this with 38 on the clock? Shall I really push this to be fixed on the 3 month warranty? Anchor vans reading by the way if you have heard of them. Thanks help! Regards paul
Absolutely. I would insist that they fix this problem as it is not a very cheap fix.