Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

Volkswagen polo 2001 keeps stalling. Road side assistance diagnose

Volkswagen polo 2001 keeps stalling. Road side assistance diagnose ''electronic accelerator throttle not responding''.
How much would it cost to fix this problem?
Category: Car
Expert:  Ross replied 2 years ago.
Ross :

and thanks me to help you today. I am a licensed ed diagnostic and repair technician, I look forward to working with you.

Ross :

It sounds like this is a fault on the throttle body assembly. This part is a simple part to replace and you should expect this to take about an hour in most garages. If you use an independent garage £50 is the average hourly rate (plus vat)

With regards ***** ***** part its self, you have three options which you should discus with your mechanic.

The part its self can be sourced from a breaker yard or online little as £20, However second hand unit from a breakers with warranty expect to pay up to £50. Without warrnaty there is no guarantee it will work or last very long.

You can have your throttle body repaired by companies such as BBA Reman which you can find online, the part needs to be removed and sent away and repair, the only down side of this is that you will be without a car while it is repaired which can take 5 days or more.

Finally, you can get a new part, Most car parts suppliers will supply a Bosch unit which will be identical to the Bosch part supplied by VW, it is often cheaper from an independent supplier as its not genuine VW however the part its self if made by Bosch will be identical. This part is around £260 from VW and £180 from a parts supplier. You can also get an aftermarket throttle body made by a different company (non genuine ) £75-£90. These are brand new and are usually very good however may not be as reliable as the Bosch part. (I personally have never had issues using the cheaper alternatives)

Depending on which route you choose, all in all expect to pay as little as £80 including fitting if you source your own second hand part. If you choose brand new VW Genuine it could be as much as £350 fitted.

Ross :

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you, Ross.

Customer:

THANK YOU ROSS