Greg Szczygiel
Greg Szczygiel, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Vehicle technician and electrician currently working inn independent garage in UK.

I have a citroen xsara picasso 2.0 has had a new clutch

Customer Question

I have a citroen xsara picasso 2.0 has had a new clutch fitted 1500 miles ago, the slave cylinder started to leak so i replaced it and bled the system. the clutch works fine 4-5 miles and then the clutch pedal hits the floor when depressed (which isnt fun being stuck in gear)...i can re bleed the system and again will work fine then i get the sudden loss (pedal hits the floor) again? i have replaced the master cylinder bled the system and still have the same problem after a few miles...there are no leaks on the hydraulic system..i am puzzled i have never come across this problem before?..any advise would be welcome...thank you
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg Szczygiel replied 1 year ago.
and welcome to Just Answer,my name is ***** ***** I'm looking forward to find the answer to your question.
Assuming the parts fitted are with no fault this can happen if slave cylinder travel is excessive when clutch pedal is pressed, if the clutch release mechanism is faulty, clutch fork is bend or even if clutch/flywheel is faulty.
It may allow some air into the system.
My advice is to inspect the slave when pedal is pressed and see if it doesn't come out too much.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you help...i will go and re check all connections and the travel on the slave cylinder...cheers

One more thing,
Have a look if after another clutch failure, when you bleed the system are there any bubbles of air coming out from bleed screw at the slave cylinder.