Greg Szczygiel
Greg Szczygiel, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Vehicle technician and electrician currently working in reputable independent garage in UK. Fully acredited ATA diagnostic technician.
82566532

I have two problems one battery flat recharged now door window

Customer Question

I have two problems one battery flat recharged now door window drop when opened but do not reset when shut secondly after 40 to 50 miles dash comes up with gearbox fault and put car in limp mode 9 times out of 10 switch off and restart and it's fine but it had to be left overnight once which means I don't trust until I can find cause been on diagnostic came up with p1122pedal demand sensor a circuit low input andp1632smart gen fault señor curcuit gen charge system failier gen load feedback curcuit failier smart gen output curcuit any ideas would be much appreaciated
It has had new throttle body and gearbox and torque converter less than 4000 miles ago this was before I owned the car
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg Szczygiel replied 2 years ago.
and welcome to Just Answer,my name is ***** ***** I'm looking forward to find the answer to your question.
P1122 will cause limp mode and I have seen this before when the same code triggers gearbox fault message.
Throttle pedal wiring and voltage checks will have to be done in order to prove the pedal as faulty.
In order to start troubleshooting this type of fault I recommend to check fault memory in transmission module, you may expect torque information fault codes as well as pedal sensor.
P1632 is more than likely faulty alternator, some further checks will have to be done to prove this.
What is the battery voltage when engine is running ?
Window will need resetting after battery went dead so try this :
Make sure battery is ok, sit in the car and close the door,ignition on, press up button to fully close the window and hold, release and press again and hold 2 secondes, release.
This should learn window top position.
I'm happy to assist you further .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Greg
Driver side window now fine but passenger side still won't reset and goes down nearly half way when roof is lowered and does not close when roof is up
Do you think alternator could cause fail safe mode never done it until at least 30 miles traveled. Amp gauge shows 10 ignition on and 13 when running
Yes, if the alternator stopped charging and battery voltage has dropped it will cause all sorts of electrical problems including fail safe mode.
I assume you have tried the same procedure with passenger's window.
10 volts with ignition on is a bit low, I recommend to have battery fully charged and tested or replaced to start with.
Does the passenger's window always stop at exactly the same level on the way down ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I did do same thing with passenger window from both drivers and passenger controls it operates fine but does not return when open and shut door always drops about 10 mm every time you touch door handle
As read gauge wrong just over 11 not running and 13 running battery seems fine always starts no problem think I must have left something on to totally flatten battery been ok since recharge any suggestions why it only goes fail safe after at least 30 miles never any problems on shorter journeys
Possible fault with transmission, I can only advise to check gearbox fault codes.
Can you clear pedal demand sensor fault code and re check after fail safe mode happened ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Greg
Thanks advise think I wIll take back to jag garage as it dose not seem to have an obvious cause
You're welcome.
I'm happy to assist you further.
Greg