Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I bought my wife a used tigra last month, it's a 1.4 and has

Customer Question

I bought my wife a used tigra last month, it's a 1.4 and has done 42k, the last couple of weeks she's been having problems selecting 2nd gear and, on one occasion, actually jumped out of 2nd gear, any ideas?
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 2 years ago.
, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long response.
This issue happens when the keeper synchronizer inside of the gearbox becomes weak and is not holding and releasing properly which causes the problem. The gearbox has to removed and opened up to solve the issue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I took the car to my local vauxhall dealer and they confirmed your suspicions, they found a problem with the selector and replaced it, under warranty.

The car runs really smoothly now and my wife is really pleased with it.

Thanks for your help and advice.

Bob McLeod