Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech

Matt, just had an e mail from Range Rover dealer on the

Customer Question

Matt, just had an e mail from Range Rover dealer on the problem with my 7year old Range Rover Sport TDV6
e mail below
"I confirm the following faults & repairs required to the above vehicle.
Red dynamic suspension warning light illuminated!
Fault codes C1119-09 & C1B11-62 recorded (Hydraulic pressure control). Hydraulic system unable to reach operating pressure!
The hydraulic system reservoir has been removed, inspected and a fluid sample taken. The reservoir filter was found to be blocked & the fluid contaminated with both rubber & metal particles.
(The rubber particles suggesting a hydraulic roll bar failure & the metal particles, a pump failure)!
Within the investigation to diagnose the fault(s) the reservoir filter has been cleaned out & refitted. The valve block filter has been replaced, as it was found to be collapsed & the hydraulic system tested again. The hydraulic system will still not reach the required pressure system self test to enable a full diagnosis!
To restore pressure to the dynamic response system the pump will require replacing. However, given the contamination to the hydraulic fluid, this repair cannot be considered until all components within the dynamic response system have been replaced to guarantee no further contamination!
Legally, any repair carried out must be guaranteed! There for, the only repair that can be recommended is to replace all components within the dynamic response system.
We estimate the repair cost @ £5,800 including vat.
Do you considerr tyhe cost and solution reasonable?
Category: Car
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
Ross :

and thanks me to help you today. I am a licensed diagnostic and repair technician, I look forward to working with you.

JACUSTOMER-p1htt23j- :

JACUSTOMER-p1htt23j- :

Have you manged to look at this and send a reply?

Ross :

, sorry delay getting back to you.

I have read your description of the problem your having, firstly, what they have said does sound correct, the entire system would need to be replaced to ensure the faults do not re-occur, they are incredibly sensitive to any debris in the system and the only way to guarantee its clean is to renew it all.

The price they have given repair is roughly what I would expect to pay repair, the vast majority of the cost is in the parts which are unfortunately expensive, and on top of this the entire job is quite labor intensive, although it depends on the garages hourly rate, the quoted price is unfortunately what I would expect to pay complete system to be replaced.