Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

I have a Chrysler(###) ###-####. It has a clunck/knock/rattle seemingly

I have a Chrysler(###) ###-####. It has a clunck/knock/rattle seemingly coming from the left side front wheel when driving over uneven surfaces. This is ONLY at low speeds. Once the car speeds up there is no audible noise. The car though second hand is under a warranty. The dealer admits he can hear the noise but says they have no idea what it is or how to solve it. They have replaced the droplink and put the car onto a shaker test rig. The exhaust system is solid and there is nothing registering as being loose. They say that the problem must be something very minor but it is extremely annoying. There is no vibration through the steering and the car is stable on the road with no vibration and no pulling to either side
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I would appreciate an answer please. Sooner rather later please.

,
Thank you back to me and apologies that you have not received an answer yet. We have a range of Professionals online all the time. However specialties differ, and we are searching right professional to assist you.
Should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Thank you patience,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Shantal thank you email. Please get an expert to respond directly and fully to my original question. I was recommended to your website as a source of fast and accurate information yet I seem unable to get my question answered,

I don't want to cancel my question, I am interested to see just how long it takes to get this question answered and what your expert actually has to say.

,
Thank you back to me. We will continue to look Professional to assist you.
However, should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Thank you patience,
Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
.

This is normally just the link that is causing you this problem .

This part has to be removed to check and if any noticeable play in the link then replace .

Other typical areas to check are shown in the red arrows below .

graphic

The link is a very often overlooked issue type of issue .

Remember i am not at your car or test driven it, so this kind of question is hard to answer , but from experience with this car i can give you good feedback.

Please get back to me if you need further assistance with this issue But please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

Kind regards Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience: Automotive diagnostic tech