Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

can i damage my ford transit driving it with the engine management

can i damage my ford transit driving it with the engine management light on
Category: Car
Expert:  Ross replied 2 years ago.
Ross :

and thanks me to help you today. I am a licensed diagnostic and repair technician, I look forward to working with you.

Other than the light being on, are there any running problems or symptoms to go with it?

Customer:

no everything seems fine

Ross :

Ok, It will be perfectly safe to drive the van in the short term, Its best to get it looked at sooner rather than later as it can effect fuel efficiency etc.. Generally if there was a problem that could cause potential engine damage the van will go into "limp mode" with reduced power to protect it's self, If this is not happening it shouldn't be a problem driving. As soon as is reasonably viable, get the fault codes scanned using a diagnostic scanner to see what has caused the light. Often it's a one off hiccup, or a simple sensor fault.