sean
sean, Technician
Experience:  UK based Ford Master Technician. Technician since 1984.
31670004

ford fusion 1300 2003. mileage 72000. engine cutting out

ford fusion 1300 2003. mileage 72000.
engine cutting out when driving. Predominately after car has been standing over night. red warning light. Throttle body removed cleaned and reset three times. query valve. Is the garage looking at the right component.
Category: Car
Expert:  sean replied 2 years ago.
, I hope I can be of assistance.
Can you confirm the engine size? If you're unsure do you have the chassis number?
Let me know and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the is a engine 1.4 the engine cuts out every time you stop and a few time stopped while coasting I would think fuel but ; car has been in a garage three times problem

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

1400

Expert:  sean replied 2 years ago.
again.
You mention that this happens when the car has stood over night, make sure the battery is in good condition, less than 2 years old and the charging system is in good order, the electronic throttle body is very sensitive to voltage fluctuations so a low battery will cause problems.
There are a few issues with the throttle system on this model going back a few years so much so that Ford issued a repair instruction to dealers.
The engine management software needs to be up to date, the throttle body build date needs to be after 01/04/03 and the serial number over 400000, these are on a label on the throttle body. The very last bulletin problem also recommended the wiring to the throttle body be changed, there is a kit available that has the throttle sensor (on the side of the throttle body) and loom in the kit, the Ford part number is(###) ###-#### ***** depended on the build date of the car and was built up until 31/01/07.
I hope this helps but if you need more assistance let me know and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.
Best wishes,
Sean.