Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

i have a 2005 citroen berlingo 2lt van the cam belt was changed

i have a 2005 citroen berlingo 2lt van the cam belt was changed at 92000 miles 5 years 6 months ago the van has now done 129500 miles should the cam belt be changed now or will the interval be 10 years
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

.

Hopefully i can help..

The vans only done 37,500miles/5 years on that belt in theory the belt change intervals on citreoens/peugeots are quite long some in the region of 100,000miles to 10years..which in itself in my opinion and other too and through experiance is far to long to risk leaving..i normally advise every upto nearing 70,000miles or every 6-7 years regardless that might be something to consider..and include the full timing belt kit along with the water pump.. price of the job fitting over the cost of rebuilding the engine and or replacing if the belt or any of the guides/pump/tensioner failed.it would make alot of sense to do it sooner as advised above..but normally during any big service they should check the belt as part of the check too id say...I do hope this helps...if you require to ask anything further then please do before you rate