Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

WILL A 2.2 HDI CITROEN C8 ENGINE FIT IN A CITROEN DISPATCH

Customer Question

WILL A 2.2 HDI CITROEN C8 ENGINE FIT IN A CITROEN DISPATCH 1.6 HDI 90 LWB
Category: Car
Expert:  Ross replied 2 years ago.
Ross :

and thanks me to help you today. I am a licensed diagnostic and repair technician, I look forward to working with you.

The 2.2L engine, Although could be made to fit, It is not used in the dispatch, so it would require a fair amount of fabrication and converting of mounts and wiring etc.. to make it fit which would simply not be cost efficient.

The 2.0L HDI However will fit directly in as this engine is used in these models from the factory. You would need the engine wiring, ECU etc.. but this would be the only direct method of swapping to a larger HDI Engine.

If you had both a 2.0L , and a 2.2L, using a combination of both would be possible, but again its not cost efficient to do it this way.

If you need further help with this or have further questions please feel free to reply, I will get back to you ASAP. Ross.

Expert:  Ross replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.