Mark
Mark, Technician
Experience:  Qualified City & Guilds
69494627

I recently got the jump leads cross over on my 2003 freelander

Customer Question

I recently got the jump leads cross over on my 2003 freelander it blow the main fuse I have replace it and now it won't start it's turn over and fires up now and again split secound I have had a test done on it and all faults was removed then re tested and no faults were found then i was told it was the crank sensor that's has been change but still won't start what else could it be please.
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like to close your question?
Expert:  Mark replied 2 years ago.
, my name is ***** ***** I will try help you with this.
Most likely is you have 'fried' the control unit. You have probably blown a transistor or similar on the main control board when you had the polarity reversed.
I suspect your only options are to either have the control unit replaced or repaired by an expert repair shop.
Mark.