Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a 1995 Vitara JLX 5 door jeep which has failed MOT on

Customer Question

I have a 1995 Vitara JLX 5 door jeep which has failed MOT on emissions. Under the dash on passenger side there is a wire with a small resistor on the end of it a local mechanic ha stold me that this is necessary to help control emissions. I have had a lot of work done including replacing theCAT and the Oxy sensor. The resistor has L2 printed on it and the N0 3.0 stamped into the plastic. I have been told that the emissions can be reduced to a level that will satisfy MOT if I can find one that is marked L5. I have tried to get one from my local Suzuki parts supplier but the need a part number which they cannot find. Can you help, please
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes please continue searching for an answer.

Thank you for getting back to me and apologies that you have not received an answer yet. We have a range of Professionals online all the time. However specialties differ, and we are searching for the right professional to assist you.
Should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

the cappucino uses the same resistors so I'd suggest getting in touch with this firm

http://www.suzukicappuccinoparts.co.uk/