Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

I have a saab 9 3. 2 wks ago my cabin fan would,nt work but

Customer Question

I have a saab 9 3. 2 wks ago my cabin fan would,nt work but after about ten minutes it would start so it was,nt a blown fuse, last wk it has not worked at all. Could the problem be the maxi fuse, if so can I just replace it or would that indicate a more serious fault that a garage would sort out?
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

..

Hopefully i can help..

Normally a fuse wouldnt cause that intermittent...the fact you do say or it did work on and off..would suggest a problem somewhere else..the fan as you say itself.sticking or siezed up..check ingress if thats the case/pollen filter wet or soaking would maybe verfiy that/ remove it and locate the fan blades further in and try spinning it by hand to see if its stuck..if so then its a replacement fan unit..Fan speed resistor burning out.not all uncommon..or a fan control on the control panel faulty which is usually quite rare..the first checks ifd say ideally would be the the fan itself/resistor.and wiring to the fan unit before anything else is checked..I do hope this helps