Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

helo there, i have put by mistake the screenwash in radiator,

Customer Question

helo there, i have put by mistake the screenwash in radiator, would you help please
Category: Car
Expert:  Ross replied 2 years ago.
Ross :

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I am a licensed diagnostic and repair technician, I look forward to working with you.

I noticed your not online at the moment, please reply here where you are available and I will get back to you ASAP. Ross.

JACUSTOMER-tt6ypmym- :

hi ross

JACUSTOMER-tt6ypmym- :

are here

Ross :

Hi, how much screen wash was put into the radiator roughly?

JACUSTOMER-tt6ypmym- :

well i would say 300ml not much

JACUSTOMER-tt6ypmym- :

but i dont understand i paid the money since yesterday and i still havent been told if this would cause any problem!!!! all i need was to know if i can drive the car or is this dangerous?

Ross :

It's not dangerous, but the cooling system will need to be drained, flushed and refilled with fresh coolant ASAP. In the short term providing the coolant level is not over full as a result of putting the screen wash in it wont have much effect other than foaming a bit but in the long term it can cause corrosion of the internal components, as well as effect the efficiency of the coolant so you should get the system flushed as soon as is conveniently possible.

Expert:  Ross replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.