Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician

I am considering buying a 2007 C5 citron, diesel, 1.6 with

Customer Question

I am considering buying a 2007 C5 citron, diesel, 1.6 with 75,000 miles 6000 euro. are they reliable ?. They are very comfortable and have the ability to "pick up" a single axle " trailer - my reasons buying this car. Otherwise I was considering buying a second hand Opel Astra 1.7 diesel 4 door hatchback around the same year and milage - but they are not as comfortable, would cost more, and with a not so good heart I would have to use some method of lifting a fully laden trailer on to the hitch.
What do you think , or would you have any suggestions on the type of car you would buy.
Category: Car
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
Ross :

and thanks me to help you today. I am a licensed diagnostic and repair technician, I look forward to working with you.

The Citroen C5 is a very comfortable and reliable car, as with all modern diesel engines it is important to ensure it has a good service history including regular oil changes. age and millage of the car it is priced well and I think based on what you say it is a better option over the Astra. Citroen have a history of making very good diesel engines and you would find it difficult to find a car like this which is as comfortable and well spec'd money without going down the VW/Audi route, but you would have to compromise spec or budget to get something like the c5.

If you were to consider looking at other cars of a similar size I would recommend you look at the following.
Audi A4, VW Passat, Ford Mondeo, Vauxhall Vectra, Peugeot 407, Renault laguna.

The Peugeot 407 is effectively the same car, and the Renault will offer very similar comfort levels but the Mondeo and Passat would be worth looking at but I think getting one same price with low millage may be a struggle, The Vectra i find is more comfortable than the Vectra but doesn't come close to the C5. and there is very little difference in reliability with these modern diesel engines.

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you, Ross.

Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.