Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

how do i seperate the master cylinder pipe on a freelander

how do i seperate the master cylinder pipe on a freelander td4
Category: Car
Expert:  Ross replied 2 years ago.
Ross :

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I am a licensed diagnostic and repair technician, I look forward to working with you.

Ross :

Is this for the clutch master cylinder?

Customer:

yes it is for clutch

Ross :

Hi sorry for the delay.

There are two types, if you have a reservoir on the master cylinder the pipe disconnects at the salve cylinder end, there is a small metal retainer that pops off, the pipe can then be repleased, If it has no reservoir it is a sealed system that cannot be separated, the new parts will come as a complete pre-filled unit with both the master and slave attached.

Customer:

The pipe has join half way to gearbox i don't know how it comes apart

Expert:  Ross replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Ross replied 2 years ago.
If this is the type with the join in the middle, it is a push fit, the metal connector on the pipe has an outer sleive which you slide back and pull the pipe out. They can sieze up and become difficult to release. They usually have a standard union on it which you can remove instead if the sleive is not moving, otherwise soak in WD40 and use pliers to pull it back, the pipe will then pull out.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I had to replace the connection but it's up and running again now