Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

My wife is disabled and i have a LDV convoy camper van i want

My wife is disabled and i have a LDV convoy camper van i want to fit a seat from a ford galaxy which would swivel towards the door and help my wife get in and out of the vehicle
how will i do this, some one said attach the seat to a VW T4 base then i read that it will not fit directly and will need to be altered
how difficult is this job and can it be done
Category: Car
Expert:  Ross replied 2 years ago.
Ross :

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I am a licensed diagnostic and repair technician, I look forward to working with you.

Sorry for the delay in answering your question. Using the galaxy seats on the VW Seat base is commonly done and straight forward. The drivers side is the easiest of the two, this seat will bolt directly onto the spacer frame, sometimes very slightly adjustment is required by enlarging the holes and replacing the bolts but this is simple to do.

As for the pasenger side, again no welding is required but a small amount of fabrication is needed to raise the seat to the correct height. The use of two pieces of box steel is used which will raise the seat to the desired height, these are then bolted to the original floor pan bot holes, and the seats then fitted on top, Its a case of drilling a few holes and bolting them in.

As far as fitting different seats go, this is about as simple as it gets and It usually takes 2-3 hours for a mechanic to fit.

Ross :

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you, Ross.