Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

i have a citroen xantia estate 1999 2.0 hdi can I disconnect

Customer Question

hi i have a citroen xantia estate 1999 2.0 hdi can I disconnect the alarm as it is a pest
Category: Car
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
Ross :

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I am a licensed diagnostic and repair technician, I look forward to working with you.

Ross :

Can i just confirm, is this the original factory alarm system? If so... does your model also flash the indicators with the alarm? Thanks. Ross.

JACUSTOMER-lqjcy1nd- :

yes to both questons

JACUSTOMER-lqjcy1nd- :

yes original factory alarm and indicators flash thanks mike

Ross :

Great Ok, Naturally because of the high security nature of this system its not the easiest to disable. Bare with me while i take a look at some wiring diagrams to find the easiest way to disable it.

Ross :

Depending on the variant of alarm system and manufacturing date, there are a few different types of alarm system on these models. Do you have a button on the dash for the alarm? Most models had a button near the steering column with a picture of a siren with a cross through it. This normally disables the interior sensors only but can be used to disable the entire system.

Otherwise there may be a key barrel under the bonnet, this can be turned to disable the alarm system if it is fitted. Otherwise if there is no button or key barrel, the alarm system needs to be physically disconnected, However it works hand in hand with the central locking system so this needs to be a last resort.

JACUSTOMER-lqjcy1nd- :

hi the under bonnet switch is for early model not mine I would be happy if the alarm was disconnected even if central locking did not work thanks mike. sorry there is a button on dashboard but this does not seem to be a lasting cure

Ross :

There are a few options before disconnecting the entire alarm, the button on the dash should disable the alarm permanently if the button is pressed and held for 5 seconds with the ignition ON . If it doesn't... You can try locking the doors with the key in the door.. this should over-ride the alarm. (It seems this depends which alarm system was used though as there are three variants)

Also, the usual cause for the alarm going off is the ultrasonic sensors, this can be unplugged and the alarm set to prevent false alarms. (if pressing the button on the dash works temporarily, this should work permanently)

If you have no luck with this or would prefer it disconnecting I can give you some wiring numbers which need to be found at the alarm control module to cut to prevent the alarm sounding but it is risky as this also contains the immobilizer system and if the wrong wire is cut, the car would need re-programming.

Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi sorry for delay do you know how many ultrasonic sensors there are on my mark 2 xantia there are those on the front doors are there any more the reg of the car is v604gdy and vin is vf7x2rhzf72259233. I also think the alarm control module is behind the glove compartment on this model I would also appreciate with your help what leads you would cut. but at this stage hold back until I have tried your suggestions thanks mike

Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
There are only the two sensors. According to my diagrams it is showing the control unit under the seat for all ages and models. It isn't always 100% but I would check under the seat first.

It seems the ultrasonics are the cause of the vast majority of problems with these alarms so hoplefull that will cure the problem. Let me know how it goes and if you need further help just reply here and I will continue to help. Thanks, Ross.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi had passager seat out and carpets up does not have module anywhere underneath it there seems to be a problem on sorting out where why and how on the different models will check tomorrow if module is behind glove box I will also disconnect the sensors tomorrow and try the alarm but I will contact you later in week to report how things are going

Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
No problem, just a thought if not already done it might be worth a look under the drivers seat too... As most french cars are factory conversion from left to right hand drive a lot of manuals list passenger and drivers side back to front. Keep me updated and in the mean time if you have any problems just pop back and let me know, thanks. Ross.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi removed sensors still intermittent going off still cannot find alarm module have just ordered xantia mk 2 cd manual hope this is going to be helpful cannot work on estate for few days but I now lock it with key as this is not suppose to not set alarm if this proves ok I will leave it locked this way no one steals xantias as they are not worth much I contact you next week to update thanks mike

Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
Ok Mike no problem just let me know if you need further help, Ross.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi still waiting for the cd manual will give it another week if this does not turn up I will give you thanks for help and will give you good feedback mike

Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.
Ok no problem, thank's for the update.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sorry for delay in getting back. I think it was tailgate switch wire in the rubber sleeve to tailgate, it has been a pig because of the intermittent nature of the fault. hopefully it is now ok. thanks for helping me sort it out. once again thanks mike