Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

,i;ve got a mercedesc180 kompressor,petrol,1800cc.it's cost

hi,i;ve got a mercedesc180 kompressor,petrol,1800cc.it's cost me nearly £30 to do 20mile's.what do you think could be the problem be?
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..there..

Lots of things could cause that.by the sounds of it you maybe running rich hence the excess fuel usage..probably the first inspection really would be possible fuel leaks, binding brakes = partically siezed etc - so two areas to check - the entire fuel system would ideally need to be check through upto the engine/injectors

..next check id say if you dont have an engine management light on - would be to get it on an exhaust analyzer bit like during the MOT and see what readings you get to see if overfuelling is an issue as this would no doubt be highlighted/verfied as such after the test has been done.this can often shows faults like 02 sensor running out of sepc as such etc and causing an overfuelling problem.what about service history..maybe a full service..check the condition of the spark plugs can be a sure way to know which cylinders are at fault..intake leaks can effect that too.so inspection of that needs to be done...I do hope this helps