Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

My diesel 02 reg Alhambra vibrates on acceleration could this

Customer Question

My diesel 02 reg Alhambra vibrates on acceleration could this be a C V joint?
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

It possible you may have worn inner cv joint..not the outer cv joint at the hub end which would normally click/clunk at full lock whilst turning..certainly have the inner cv joints that slide into the diff housing on the gearbox inspected especially so around the cv boot to ensure it has split and allowed grease to leak out..obviously other things need to be taken into account in regards ***** ***** missfiring..if the engine seems to run smooth at idle or revved staionary then that can be ruled out..wear on the suspension at the front - also checks in regards ***** ***** clutch itself....but as a starting point id say have the driveshafts check for obvious wear on the cv ends mostly the inner ones which is quite common to see fail..i do hope this helps..