Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

Have a 2008 X type Estate. Rear window demister system has

Have a 2008 X type Estate. Rear window demister system has 5 lines that don't function. Is there a way of fixing this problem.
Category: Car
Expert:  Ross replied 2 years ago.
Ross :

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I am a licensed diagnostic and repair technician, I look forward to working with you.

Customer:

Hello Ross, I'm Dai

Ross :

It is possible to repair the demisting elements. Most auto factors sell a conductive paint on repair kit, you need to carefully look along the line for any burnt or damaged areas, mask a line and paint it on

Customer:

Halfords are my only nearby auto factors, can they provide. Can you be more specific as to what I ask for please

Ross :

It's called Granville heater repair paint. Although there are a few other brands. Halfords usually stock it. If not it is readily available online.

Customer:

Thank you. Just one question, I looked at the visible line on the window. Is this the most likely place for the damage to be?

Ross :

Yes if it is individual lines that are faulty there will be a damaged spot somewhere on that line.

Customer:

Thank you, ***** ***** have a go tomorrow. Much obliged. Do I now save and exit

Ross :

Yes. If you could kindly rate my service if your happy, this will be saved for future reference.

Customer:

Will do and again thanks