Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

firstly the car leaks the rear carpet behind passenger seat

Customer Question

firstly the car leaks the rear carpet behind passenger seat is drenched and now the electric windows dont work
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise..

As there has been a little wait - please just let me know if you have progressed any - then we can carry on -

Kind Rgds, MIKE........................................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

firstly the car leaks the rear carpet behind passenger seat is drenched and now the electric windows dont work, not sure if this is due to the car leaks from somewhere

Optional Information:
Make: Other
Model: Skoda Fabia
Year: 2006

Already Tried:
nothing not mechanically minded

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again - Thank you for your reply and further info..

With this issue there is a slight possibility that you have the water coming in from the rear lamp on that side - check in the boot area for any signs of rust / tracking of water -which would head down behind the seat - to the floor. The lamp just needs resealing in that case.

But - with you saying the electric window no longer works, the bigger possibility is that you have water trapped in that door... its a common issue . Check along the bottom of the door - there are small holes that you can poke with a strong wire - drain holes - check if blocked.

You will need to remove the inner door panel on that door - and check for water damage to the electric window motor / wiring / switch... or have someone do that for you.

Another common issue with these is that the inner door panel seal / weather seal fails and as water goes in the door past the glass rubber seal ( some always does ) - but it gets into the car , because the weather seal / membrane has ripped / failed... you need to check / have that checked and repaired as you find. Also - on re assembly of the door panel a silicone sealant should be applied along the bottom of the inside panel (before you fit it ) and half way up each side of the panel.. this will stop further troubles..and of course check those drains.

Too - you will need to deal with whatever is found to be water damaged with the electric window - of course you wont know that until you get into the door as above.

Working as above, you will get this cured for you.

Let me know if you need anything else at all...

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

...Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.