Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

, I am overhauling a 3 cyl Taoyota engine as fitted i

Hello, I am overhauling a 3 cyl Taoyota engine as fitted i a Citroen C1 (same engine I believe) The head gasket has blown, I have stripped it down and just need to remove the cylinder head. The Haynes manual I am using states that an M8 spline drive is needed to remove the head bolts, but this is a very loose fit, and an M10 won't go in. So I think Haynes have made a mistake here, can you help and advise me as to the correct item to use to remove the bolts. It is very difficult to identify as it's difficult to see into the tops of these recessed bolts to see what they are.
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..

Sure these are M9 spline bit you need to use on these - the same engine is in the Toyota Aygo and the Pug 107 - wouldnt use allen keys you can risk stripping the recessed splines on the bolt head and you'll never get them out - try looking for M9 size and that should fit....