Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert

my 2007 s-type jag . on dash display says , apply foot and

my 2007 s-type jag . on dash display says , apply foot and parkbrake . warning sound if car moved, also ***** *****ght on. any ideas what this could be .
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise you .

Often this is a "out of calibration" fault.. this can occur for one of several reasons... it can be a main car battery low voltage issue or some other, deeper electrical concern that will mean plug in diagnostics to sort... but for now -- carry out the following procedure as a first port of call - this is to reset the EPB ( braking module) :

1. Reset the EPB module:

a. Switch off the ignition.

b. Disconnect the
battery for 30 seconds. ( If your radio is the coded type you will need to re enter your radio code for it to work after this )

Reconnect the battery.

2. Start the engine.
3. Firmly apply and release the foot brake five times. 4. Confirm
that the message “NOT CALIBRATED” or “APPLY FOOT AND PARK BRAKE ” is displayed on the instrument cluster message centre. This indicates that
the parking brake is in calibration mode.

5. Lightly press the foot brake pedal.

6. Apply the parking brake by using the EPB switch.
7. Release the parking brake.

8. Release the foot brake.

9.Confirm that the brake warning lamp is no longer illuminated on the
instrument pack and that the“NOT CALIBRATED” ( or Apply brakes as above ) message is no longer
displayed in the message centre.

10. Apply and release the EPB five
times to ensure no error is present.

Also have your car battery checked by a specialist at soonest opportunity.. - If none of the above cures this for you - you will need to have plug in diagnostics done at a garage as mentioned above to cure this issue for you..

Let me know if you need anything else at all..

Meantime , please do click on the Excellent ratings for me... I really appreciate that and Thank you....

Kind Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Technician
Experience: Tech Expert