Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have a problem when driving our Volkswagen van. The van is

I have a problem when driving our Volkswagen van. The van is driving ok then the power is reduced, speed drops down to around 15 miles per hour, all the dash board warning lights light up. When we stop and turn the ignition off and then back on, the engine starts up and has full power again the dash board is back to normal. this happens a lot now and when we tell the mechanics this problem they can't find any problems, even when we plug the computer into the van, the computer still can't find any problems
Hope to hear from you soon
James Deane
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello James,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
The issue that you are having is caused by the throttle body being restricted with carbon debris which gives the throttle position sensor a faulty reading and then the ecu reduces the power.
The throttle body needs to be cleaned which will cure this issue.
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience: 17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.