Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

The cover of my left indicator light is missing - I

The cover of my left indicator light is missing - I have purchased a new unit - what is the best way of changing it over?
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..

Are you refering to to complete lamp unit on the front or rear as the indicators are all in one unit - or the side repeater on the wing?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Its the indicator on the front wing - left hand side - for some reason the plastic cover has come off - I can't seem to get a replacement cover without the full unit which I have managed to get but the manual is not clear on how to replace it.

Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..there..

Yes normally that would only come as complete unit - sometimes these can be pain to get off if they've been on for quite a while - they are only slide/push fit to the wing..try sliding forward or vice versa and pulling out one end then till its off - you can give it a slight twist motion whilst trying the slide out from the wing oriface - sometimes you need to get a fine flat blade "plastic prefered" bit like an old credit card or something to get into the back to help free it up into the back of it between the wing and the repeater itself to slide out - if you need to use a flat blade screwdriver then mask prior around the repeater to prevent scoring the paint - but thats all that really to it with them..one thing to bear in mind though once you get it out..and disconnect the electrical connection..make sure you disconnect from the old one and reconnect straight away to the new one..this saves the plug connector potentially falling down inside the wing..