Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

i have a citroen c3 picasso 1.6 hdi diesel 09 reg , intermitent

i have a citroen c3 picasso 1.6 hdi diesel 09 reg , intermitent fault happens engine cuts out showing anti pollution fault on dash it can happen at speed or slow movement . can you please help
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

please can you continue looking for a solution to my question also my car is citroen Picasso c3 1.6vtr+diesel sorry for wrong information on original question thank you

Thank you for getting back to me and apologies that you have not received an answer yet. Also thank you for providing additional information. We have a range of Professionals online all the time. However specialties differ, and we are searching for the right professional to assist you.
Should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

this may be an issue with the FAP system

In the exhaust is a soot filter or DPF known to PSA ( Peugeto / Citreon) as a FAP. It runs very hot to burn some of the soot off every few thousand miles. It uses an additive is called Eolys and is stored next to the diesel tank with a computer controlled dosing mechanism.

If you don't drive it long enough, fast enough; then the regeneration process won't commence and the filter will block. Take it for a 40 minute blast down a empty dual carriageway; As you need to maintain above 50mph for around six minutes - that will start the process.

Alternatively; take it to your dealer or Peugeot specialist for a forced regeneration. If it's done more than 50,000 they will probably just fit a new FAP and top up the additive. this will cost £6-800.

Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience: BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years