Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

I have a Mazda 2500 diesel the key light on the dash is flashing

I have a Mazda b 2500 diesel the key light on the dash is flashing when I put the key in and it will not start . Is it possible to re set the ignition ? It's a 2001 model . Thanks Andrew Yates Royston uk
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Hi Andrew .

If the key light is flashing when you put the key in the ignition is letting you know the system has not reconized the key you are using .

Try your spare key if this also flashes then you have a problem with the system and will need to call out a moble key smith to reprogram your keys for you .

Please click here for locksmith locator .

This service will save you a lot of cash ,compared to the dealers ..

Please get back to me with the reply button and not the poor or bad service rating , so i can get back to you with further assistance with this issue or offer assistance with another expert .

Rgds Greg