Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

I have put diesel in my vespa piaggio instead of unleaded by

Customer Question

I have put diesel in my vespa piaggio instead of unleaded by mistake what damage have I done
Thankyou
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..there..

Depends how much you put in..if you filled the tank with diesel then it wont run very good at all..you need to get it syphoned out and then petrol put back in and all should be ok be it a little more smokey than usual,missfiring slightly probably for a time..if its a small amount id doubt it will do much damage. if as i mentioned above the tank is full of diesel then your only option is to get it removed - there alot of missfuelling companies out there who can deal with such issues more so petrol in diesels by mistake they deal with than the other way round due to differance in filler nozzles at the fore court..but if a small amount in the tank and the rest is petrol then i dont see it being an issue..like i say i might smoke more due to the diesel burning off since diesels a heavy oil.or slight reduce in power...