Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

Re 1993 Fiat Ducato 2.5 TD. When I switch off the ignition

Re 1993 Fiat Ducato 2.5 TD.
When I switch off the ignition the engine doesn't always stop. I understand that there may be a solenoid (?) which should do this. Would you explain where this is and whether there is any maintenance I can do to fix it.
Stuart Coates
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..there apologies for the delay..

Ok normally that fault would be indeed down the stop solenoid on the injection pump itself..location depends on the pump type as some are located just at the base of the pump and some are on the back top end of the distributer block in which the injector fuel lines are bolted too in the the back..so you would need to look to see which you have..the solenoid itself just screws out and the new one screwed in..you undo the small nut that hold the electrical connector in place then with an open end undo the solenoid itself from the pump..refit the new by hand first to line the threads then finally tighten up with the spanner..then refit the electrical connector with the nut on the top of the solenoid..then retest engine...the solenoid itself will look like this on the injection pump...