Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech

mike I have a zafira 1.8 auto 2003 and my traction control

Hi mike I have a zafira 1.8 auto 2003 and my traction control light is on my dash and won't clear with tech 2 computer loss power and drive in forward gears but reverse is fine no power loss
There is a gear selector module on top of auto gearbox do you think it can be that car run fine yesterday changed coil pack many thanks
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

If the TC light is on then with your tech II check for ABS malfunction codes .

The TC light will come on if you have a ABS malfunction code stored .

Also if you have any transmission code malfunctions like a input / output speed sensor the TC will light up and put you into limp mode .

Do a transmission check , fluid condition and level .

Do the checks then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund, if you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know.

Kind regards Greg.
Greg, Technician
Experience: Automotive diagnostic tech
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Greg thank you for your answer !

i have no codes stored apart from Tc light on dash only when the starter is cranked Tc light clears when tech 2 erases codes

found timing has slipped by 2 teeth so putting cams out on exhaust sided by 90 degrease

I think this might be proplem ! So fitting new cambelt kit with tensioner

Do you think that is right

Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Yes this would cause that problem .

After clearing the codes did any come back .

The TC light stays ON with the engine running .

Take it you was experiancing misfires .

Here is a diagram of the timing for you to check ,Just incase you don't have it.?

I would also replace the water pump , the two idle rollers .

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I cleared all codes then started engine and Tc light came back on !

thats why I checked timing as I had slight misfire and found cam out by 2 teeth putting new cambelt kit on tomorrow then clear codes and see if Tc light goes out when running engine

Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.
Ok sounds good tome .

Get back and let me know what happens .

Rgds Greg