Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

I have a 2005 Bentley Arnage and my question is : Is there

I have a 2005 Bentley Arnage and my question is : Is there battery charging terminal facility under the bonnet of my car ?
I have been away for some time and when I trioed to unlock the car with my key fob it will not open. I opened the car with the key and when I put the key in the ignition and turned to start the car the car started but the alarm went off. I think the bateries are low but I am unable to unlock the boot with the key to access the batteries.
I will appreciate your assistance - Thank You - David P. Sinclair
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

I'd start by charging the battery you should be able to do this via the cigarette lighter / accessory socket. You'll need the appropriate attachment for your charger but car accessory shops sell these- Alternatively if you can't get into the car/ boot the other way to do this is jack the car up so you can get under the front.

Locate the starter motor and the large power cable that runs to it - connect the positive battery charger lead to this terminal

then connect the charger negative lead to the metal of the engine block

This should complete the charging circuit and get some power into the battery allowing you into the car