HondaGuygold
HondaGuygold, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Most Advanced Degree:Vocational, Technical or Trade School Major or Emphasis:Automotive
3827149

Our 57 plate Civic has drained its fairly new battery twice

Our 57 plate Civic has drained its fairly new battery twice this week. It has had a new alternator fitted and no warning lights are showing. Just no charge in the battery. Charges up fine, runs fine, then same again. Nothing's been left on as far as I can make out.
Any ideas? Our mechanic is baffled and it's not much use to us as it is!
Francis Denning
Category: Car
Expert:  HondaGuygold replied 2 years ago.
Okay so this battery is never been replaced? There're many issues with cells in these batteries failing. Replacing the battery should take care of this issue unless there is a draw.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Battery is only 18 months old, I'm pretty sure i isn't the battery

These cells fail out of the blue is this a Honda battery?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It almost definitely isn't the battery. I've had it to a mechanic who insists the battery is ok
If the battery is definitely ok then has he checked the electronic load detector in the under hood fuse box which will cause this issue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He's checked it over it's an intermittent fault. That's why I thought it might be a common problem. Evidently not but thanks for trying!
How can you rate this bad service if the ELD is bad it will lot allow the vehicle to charge . Please change this rating asap . If he checked the ELD he did not check it correct that's the issue .