Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK

I have a kia sorento and when you remove the oil filler

Customer Question

hi I have a kia sorento and when you remove the oil filler cap with engine running there is big blowing. I got the injectors washers done but is still blowing . is this going to turn into a major problem pat
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

How do you mean blowing? exhaust gases or just a lot of pressure blowing the cap off?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

when you remove the oil filler cap and put your hand over the hole it is blowing up bits of oil . its pressure it pushed the dipstick out

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

pressure blowing the dip stick out

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi..sorry for the delay..for some reason i didnt get email that you replied?

Ok..From what your saying the obvious place to start is checking for restriction in the PCV system or basically the breather on the engine/crank case breathers..if they get blocked/valve this can cause pressure to build up in the engine and blow the cap off or push the dipstick out the tube..You dont mention if the garage has ruled that out but id suggest they double check that out properly...the only other thing that would cause this too is serious internal fault ie:- pistons rings etc.but usually the breather system would be the best place to start..also ensure the oil level is actually correct and not over filled....I do hope this helps