Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

Guys, My Gr'daughter has a prob with her X reg A class

Hello Guys, My Gr'daughter has a prob with her X reg A class Merc. I have no idea how cars of today actually work, but seems the diagnostic printout says :- 'P0100 Hot Film Mass Airflow Sensor Bank 2/5 Too Small - stored Code' and P0100 Hot Film Mass Airflow Sensor Bank 2/5 Spor Fault - Current Code'.
The car is with a local Hook garage which looks after the family cars, and absolutely first class. However, the mechanic said that the offending sensors were built into a unit which he has removed from the engine, and said this unit can be sent off for repair to a repair shop. He thought the cost would be about £200. He also said that reviews of these repair were mixed.
If the repair can be done successfully, then I will cover the cost for her. Question my friend - in your opinion, is it worth sending it to a repair shop for reconditioning, and if so, which would be the best, ***** ***** repair shop to send it to?
I would dearly like the car to be fixed and running again for her because otherwise, the car is in lovely condition.
Regards Warren
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..there..

P0100 is indeed a mas airflow fault..usually rebuild or reconditioning is the best method due to high cost of aquiring new and having it recoded - you cant use second hand ones..so sending it out for repair of the ecu/afm unit is best method here..there are few places that does these repairs,have used them myself quite often with no problems..and well worth enquiring with below...I do hope this helps

http://www.bba-reman.com/uk/index.aspx

http://www.ecutesting.com/