Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

2005 skoda fabia key fob will open the lock but it will not

Customer Question

2005 skoda fabia key fob will open the lock but it will not lock
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your reply, this is the first response I have had. Yes please will you carry on to find a solution for my problem. I am prepared to wait.

Yours ***** *****

Hello ***** *****,
Thank you for getting back to me and apologies that you have not received an answer yet. We have a range of Professionals online all the time. However specialties differ, and we are searching for the right professional to assist you.
Should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I Replied to your query saying that you were unable to find a solution to my problem.

I then queried whether my bank card details would be cashed, you did not come back to me on that question.

Yours ***** *****.

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Hi Ken .

Can you lock the doors with the switch on the drivers door .

Need to know if the system is working with the inside door locking switch .

Same problem with the spare key fobs not locking .

Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

In answer to your query, the inside door locking switch does lock the doors.

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ken ..

Do you have a second keyfob to try as this is normally a bad keyfob issue .

Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I have tried the second key fob and that does not work either. Do you think it may be battery problems because as far as I know neither have been replaced during the life of the car which is now 10 years old, and do you think that both batteries could be "flat"? at the same time.

Ken

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Yes this is possible Ken.

I would replace the battery's first as this is the cheapest route to take at this time, before
getting hooked up to a dealer scan tool to check for Immo malfunction codes .

After replacing the battery you may have to reprogram the keyfob, this will be in your owners manual ..

Ken after replacing the battery in both keyfobs and you still have the same problem, then you will have to get the immo system hooked up to a diagnostic scan tool to check and test to see why you have this issue .

Please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund, if you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know.

Kind regards Greg.
Greg, Technician
Experience: Automotive diagnostic tech
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Greg, Please discontiue looking for a cause of my problem, I realise the car is now 10 years old and I am going to exchange it in 2 or 3 days time, so thank you very much for your time and effort in trying to help me.

Yours faithfully

***** *****

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ken .

Thank you very much for informing me this .

Hope you will be very happy with your new car .

Happy motoring .

PS The life span of a car has been evaluated at only 12 years ,,so you have done well with this Skoda Wink