Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

, I have a Xk8 2002 seems like all the electronics have shut

Hi, I have a Xk8 2002 seems like all the electronics have shut down, nothing works, not key fob, when I manually opened door and tried ignition nothing happens, ? can you give any advice please
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..there..

Best place to start is to check the battery/terminals are secure..the battery on these i recalls in the boot..so you need to acess that to see what the batteries holding voltage wise..if nothings works electrically including the interior lights..then it sounds like the battery totally flat...if you have another car/jump leads or a battery booster pack - there might be further info within your handbook - but there should be jump start points under the bonnet on the passenger side of the engine bay..theres a black fuse/relay box on that side on the top right corner of that box there should be a small cover..to pull off and that will be the positive jump lead connection.. the negative lead can be clamped to the top suspension turret bolts..there are 3 black covers over the bolts remove one and put the negative jump lead clamp there and then see if power is restored.....if not and theres still no power..then checks have to be made to pretty much all the fuses/main fuses to see if they have blown/aswell as checking the earth points too.. but as above the battery needs to be checked first/and if possible jump start if the battery has lost voltage..through a voltage drain fault or the battery is at fault itself...