Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

, we have just purchased a 3 year old fiat panda from

Customer Question

Hello, we have just purchased a 3 year old fiat panda from a fiat main dealer in great yarmouth.
Have done around 50 miles so far, but now discovered the oil level to be more than 4 inches above the max level on dipstick. The main dealer performed service and mot and reported no problems. Currently awaiting a call from them to see how we proceed. Could you advise on where we stand please?
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..there..apologies for the delay...do you still require help with this?

If so... was this level issue before or after service? whats it sitting at now?

what did the dealer say in regards ***** ***** level issue?

what engine does it have ..cc/fuel type?

Any sort of excessive fuel usage since ownership?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The issue has now been resolved - it appears that the oil level was actually ok. I re-checked after emailing yourselves and noticed a much heavier layer of oil at the maximum level, so I believe the oil above that was residual from the tube. We did take the car back to the dealer who checked and confirmed this.

Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Hi..there.. thats fine..glad its all sorted out..but should you need anything else or advice as such then just ask anytime..and i be happy to help..regards Robert