Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

I have a diesel turbo ford cmax. I went to start it this morning

I have a diesel turbo ford cmax. I went to start it this morning and it started but when I put my foot on the accelorator it wouldn't move even though I was in gear and there was white smoke coming from the exhaust when I tried to accelerate. Any ideas?
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..there..

Hopefully i can help....

If there was no power/performance from the engine at all including the white smoke..then its possible it most likely Turbo problem or failure - if the smoke was dense thick white smoke..then thats most likely whats occurred..this can cause a dramatic drop in power or performance if that does fail..either the turbo seals or total failure internally..so it vital that does get checked out - another likely cause could be headgasket failure but again normally this would be alot of steam/white smoke..and a complete loss of coolant - so checking things like Oil if low then it most likely the turbo - if coolant is lost then it possible head/headgasket failure...id say from your description the turbo could be suspect..I do hope this helps